Birth With Spirit Doulas are focused on the *whole* person. They know the sensitive balance of physical/emotional/psychological/spiritual that makes up each person as a truly unique individual. This is especially important to understand in pregnancy, birth and postpartum.
Birth With Spirit attracts people who already know this to be true, and then emphasizes and hones this truth through highly specific training.
Birth With Spirit is rooted in both mountains of evidence and oceans of wisdom. It is the natural outcome of midwife, April Kline's twenty-plus years of study, practice and teaching, as well as a deep respect for the birth caretakers who have gone before.
- Love everything about pregnancy, birth and postpartum
- Respect the sanctity of each person making the decisions that are
right *for themselves*
- Understand in your bones that birth calls us to bring the very best of
every aspect of ourselves
- Honor the power we wield with every word we say and every action we take...
- How to practice whole person (Quantum) listening
- How to nurture the spirit by listening to others
- How to nurture the spirit by listening to ourselves
- What is a doula?
- What makes a Birth With Spirit Doula different
- Evidence-based information
- Strategies for working with different types of clients
- How to provide unconditional support
- How to provide the most opportunity for empowerment
- How to have clean, clear boundaries without triggers
- How to be grounded
- How to avoid burnout
- How to practice excellent self-care
- What is Quantum Care?
- Scope of Practice and Ethics
- Quantum prenatal care
- The Birth Plan
- Belly mapping
- Optimal fetal positioning
- Quantum stages of labor and birth
- April’s Cycle of Three
- The impact of birthing practices on breastfeeding
- Quantum postnatal and postpartum care
- Culturally conscious care
- How to work with clients from specific communities and cultures
- How to practice cultural humility
- Conscious communication
- How to practice true informed consent
- Body language, facial expression and how to avoid subtle coercion
- How to work with generational resonance and trauma in one’s self and with others
- Enriching practices for prenatal, labor, birth, postnatal and postpartum care
- How to provide radical presence
- Common traps of providing doula care and how to avoid them
- The business of providing support throughout the childbearing year
- Taxes, record keeping, marketing, and all that other good stuff
- Confidentiality, social media, etc.
- Building a supportive community
Birth With Spirit Doula Training is focused on personal growth and grounding, mindful boundaries and radical presence, evidence-based information and intuitive knowing, promoting a new way of supporting birthing individuals. Developed by midwife, intuitive bodyworker, Reiki Master and Somatoemotional Release practitioner April Kline, it is firmly rooted in current evidence while simultaneously weaving in wisdom of our ancestral birth keepers.
Training is intensive and purposefully builds towards full autonomy as a care provider. But, unlike other doula certification programs, Birth With Spirit provides continuity of care for our doulas. Every Birth With Spirit Doula is welcomed into the Birth With Spirit Community and is encouraged to participate in regular online and real life peer review, advanced workshops, mentorship and professional support groups.
What Our Doulas are saying...
Radical presence. That is what I feel I learned in the Birth With Spirit training process. That is what I provide my clients throughout their pregnancies and births, and it's what I look forward to in ongoing trainings, support groups and peer review with other Birth With Spirit professionals.
Birth With Spirit has provided me with so many tools I'd never been taught in all my years of standard education. The skills you learn through this process, such as whole person listening, are just as vital in my practice as a doula as knowing basic comfort measures. The BWS training challenges you not only to become the best doula you can be, but the highest version of yourself as well.
Dr. Jodi Cunningham
Birth with Spirit, along with April's mentorship, was the first open door into my birth business. After completing her training, and then going on to become certified, I gained confidence, a like-minded community, and affirmation that I was right where I needed to be. Birth with Spirit is rooted in evidence based practices, research, and expert knowledge. The practices and education taught in this doula training are tried and true with real results highlighting what whole person doula support should look like. You cannot go wrong with this training.
925 E Stroop Rd
Kettering, OH 45429